Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrict certain messaging options

Hi All,

I wondered if anyone has ever come across this situation. We have a requirement that when a user receives an email, they are a) not able to forward the email b) not able to copy the email or c) not able to print the email.

Please could someone tell me the best way natively to achieve this goal?

Thanks
    Shaun

Re: Restrict certain messaging options

Chop off user's hands?

Seriously, this is almost impossible to do as they could, for example, do a screen shot and print that.

Some scripting should disable forward, copy and print options in Outlook
    WHich Exchange, and which email client?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Chop off user's hands?
      Harsh but fair.

Check out Microsoft Information rights Management:

nformation Rights Management (IRM) technology in Microsoft® Office 2003 helps to give organizations and information workers greater control of their sensitive information. IRM is a persistent file-level technology from Microsoft that allows the user to specify permission for who can access and use documents or e-mail messages, and it helps to prevent sensitive information from being printed, forwarded, or copied by unauthorized individuals. Once permission for a document or message has been restricted with this technology, the usage restrictions travel with the document or e-mail message as part of the contents of the file.
      http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/or...401841033.aspx

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

i second Michael. This is due to RMS. Sender might have restricted the mail

Comment

Thanks for the feedback people. I am looking into IRM - looks positive !

Comment

Working...
          X