DST - Outlook Tool or Exchange Tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DST - Outlook Tool or Exchange Tool

I hope this is my last question on DST.........on a singler server scenario, where i have w2k3 std sp1, exchange 2k3 std sp2......and 50 workstatins , all xp2:

1. installed patch for w2k3 - kb931836
    2. installed patch for exchange sp2 - KB926666........
    3. installed patch on all desktops - kb931836
    4. installed outlook tool on all desktops - tzmove.exe

Eventhough we have installed TIME ZONE DATA UPDATE TOOL FOR OUTLOOK (tzmove.exe) on all machines, do we need to intall EXCHANGE CALENDAR UPDATE TOOL (MsExTMZ.msi) also ?..........Please advice..........It is too confusing on MS site: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=930879

Will I be OK without installing EXCHANGE TOOL ?.........

Re: DST - Outlook Tool or Exchange Tool

This may be too late for you but the answer is it depends on what you want to do.
    There's 3 possible scenarios (actually more if you start doing combinations of the three and then there's the different options the tools have, etc.):

1. Install tzmove and msextmz and update all the mailboxes on your exchange server
    2. Install tzmove on all your workstations and have each user update their mailbox
    3. Have each user manually update their appointments and meetings

In my office, since there's a relatively small amount of users, I just used the tzmove on a case by case basis. Sometime, however, it was just easier for the person to manually update.

The problem with tzmove is, depending on the scenario, it will update items that don't need to be.

Well there's my two cents.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Re: DST - Outlook Tool or Exchange Tool

Excellent ! - I did the same thing, installed tzmove on each machine and ran individually for each mail box instead of running msextmz on server and updating mailboxes centrally......

All went well !......Thanks again !

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
      This may be too late for you but the answer is it depends on what you want to do.
      There's 3 possible scenarios (actually more if you start doing combinations of the three and then there's the different options the tools have, etc.):

1. Install tzmove and msextmz and update all the mailboxes on your exchange server
      2. Install tzmove on all your workstations and have each user update their mailbox
      3. Have each user manually update their appointments and meetings

In my office, since there's a relatively small amount of users, I just used the tzmove on a case by case basis. Sometime, however, it was just easier for the person to manually update.

The problem with tzmove is, depending on the scenario, it will update items that don't need to be.

Well there's my two cents.

Comment

Working...
      X