Outlook Web Access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Web Access

I am setting up my users to start using Exchange 2003 and allow them to check there mail on the road as well. Whne some users try to login to Outlook on the web it comes back that your username or password is incorrect. They are able to access the exchange server on their computers.

can you explain why some users can access while others can not??

Thanks Randy

Any Firewall issues? Do they log on as DOMAIN\USERNAME?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

OWA

There is no Firewall Issue. I am just now trying to login to it from inside my network. About 5 of the 15 users are able to log into the OWA but not any others.

Comment

Re: OWA

Originally posted by tssupport
        There is no Firewall Issue. I am just now trying to login to it from inside my network. About 5 of the 15 users are able to log into the OWA but not any others.
        Make sure to try and login with the 10 accounts that aren't working from multiple machines to rule out the workstations. (ie ActiveX control or Cookies not being enabled).

Also, check the user account permissions to ensure that OWA is enabled.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

OWA

That is setup on all users.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Petri (aka Mitsu)
            Any Firewall issues? Do they log on as DOMAIN\USERNAME?
            Daniel asked how the users are logging into OWA but I don't think you clearly answered the question.

I am just now trying to login to it from inside my network.
            Regardless of where you're logging into OWA you still need to use domain\username unless you have specified a default domain\realm. Also are you using normal or form based authentication?
            Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

OWA

I tried setting it up on that setting and still same error

Comment

OWA

Hi,

I have been doing some more testings and I just tired and add a new employee just for testing purposes adn that one allows me access to the read the email.

Any other suggestions. I have checked security but seems to be coming back to password trouble.

Thanks
                Randy

Comment

Re: OWA

Hi,

I have been doing some more testings and I just tired and add a new employee just for testing purposes adn that one allows me access to the read the email.

Any other suggestions. I have checked security but seems to be coming back to password trouble.

Thanks
                  Randy
                  Since you haven't actually started using the boxes remove, and recreate them. Also, what is the exact error you're getting?
                  Andrew

Comment

Have a look at the permissions on the exchsrv folder. Make sure users have a read and write access to this folder. I know that this lowers the security level to the exch folder, but this is where i found my problems to be. After changing the permissions, all users could access the OWA.

Comment

Working...
                    X