No announcement yet.

cannot email internal user

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot email internal user

There are 2 internal users that we cannot email. This problem is very intermittent. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesnít. They are usually not receiving emails. Everyone is calling me all the time saying they canít email them. Yesterday I did a RUS update, last night I did a RUS rebuild. It did not help.

This is in the Event Viewer on the email server:
    Event error ID is 9562.

Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountControl from Active Directory for /o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=jperry.

For more information, click

This is the message you get when you try to email the 2 users:
    Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test

Sent: 3/7/2007 10:19 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Jeff Perry on 3/7/2007 10:20 AM

The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator.

< #5.2.1>

When opening email sometimes they can access their inbox, sometimes they canít. I noticed that when they canít I get an error in Active Directory when I try to go to the properties of the user & then to the Exchange Advanced tab, then into Mailbox Rights. Hereís the error message I get:

Microsoft Active Directory- Exchange Extension

An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store Service, or both.

ID no: c1041724

Microsoft Active Directory- Exchange Extension

Re: cannot email internal user

Try the next links:
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.