No announcement yet.

Adding an 'important flag' to an automatically generated EMail

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding an 'important flag' to an automatically generated EMail

I have some server monitoring software which sends Email to a user group when trigger points are met (for example a service stops on a server).

Some of the triggers have more impact than others if they are not dealt with immediately so I would like to be able to flag these as important when they reach the destination mail box. The monitoring software does not allow the addition of any flags so it would have to be done from the Exchange Server.

I appreciate that rules can be set up in Outlook but I would like to be able to ensure that everyone in the user group receives the Email marked as important.

I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003.

I have had a look on the www but can't see any way of doing this. Has anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks

Re: Adding an 'important flag' to an automatically generated EMail

The importance flag is set on the SMTP message when it is created - I am not aware of any way that you cannot put that in afterwards.

What I have suggested in the past is to use either a rule/alert to flag the message or Organise to change the colour and formatting of the message so that it shows up differently.

Both options though are client side settings and not something that you can set on the server.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.