Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restriction on using Exchange server

Hello,

I have difficulties in using my Microsoft Outlook after I enabled Internet sharing on my Small Business Server 2000. The scenario is as below.

Scenario:

1. Network running Small Business Server 2000 with 5 users are created.
    2. All the users are added in active directory with an internal mail account created for each user.
    3. IIS server, Exchange server and ISA server are set up for internet sharing and access of external mail.
    4. Initially, users can log on to the domain and can use their internal mail through Microsoft Outlook respectively.
    5. After users try to point to the proxy server for internet connection, they can no longer enter their outlook with the error message “Unable to open your default email folders. You do not have permission to log on.” Sharing of the internet service is done, but permission to log on to Microsoft Outlook is restricted. If the users didn’t and never attempt to point to the proxy server for internet connection, they can still use their internal mail without any problem.

What would be the possible cause for the restriction on using Microsoft Outlook?

Thank you.

Regards,
    TKT
Working...
X