Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public folder permissions

Hi,

I have a problem were when i create a mailbox for a user it does not appear in the client permission lists on public folders. Also, the default recipient policy isn't appying to the new mailboxes i am creating.

???

Re: Public folder permissions

"This is not a dream. Transmitting power is insufficient to reach your conscious mind, but this is not a dream."

------------------------------------------------------

Dear [email protected],

Your question is lacking a lot of important information which will cause us to (choose all that apply):

a) Ask for further information;

b) Tell you to RTFM;

c) Answer wrong answers;

d) Not answer at all.

If you want us to help you should go back and ask your question again, this time while providing all the relevant information.

See instructions here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

BTW, when you say that the default Recipient Policy does not apply, when did this start? What errors are you getting in the event log?

------------------------------------------------------

"This is not a dream. We are using your brain's electrical system as a receiver. We are unable to transmit through conscious neural interference. You are receiving this broadcast as a dream. We are transmitting from the year one nine nine..." (John Carpenter / The Prince of Darkness)
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

When i create a new mailbox for a user and go to assign client permissions on the public folders within exchange system manager, these mailboxes are not listing for me to specify their relevant permissions. It's saying the mailboxes are created successfully and i can access them via OWA. This is the same for establishing an email address for the groups. The default domain policy is not applying to the new mailboxes created. Even when i apply the policy manually it doesn't take effect. I don't revieve any error messages and event viewer does not tell me anything to do with these issues.

Comment

Ok, but did it start anytime? Is this something that was like this since the server was installed? I think you should check your event log and look carefully, and if still no errors appear, try enabling diagnostic logging on the server.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X