Recipient policy for Second Storage Group

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipient policy for Second Storage Group

ive been getting around to creating additional storage groups for different mail permission levels... i dont want internal users sending 10 meg attachments or sharing massive amounts of photos...

i couldnt enact any policy till the users here were informed about the email policy and etiquette...

so most of them have signed the administrative orders and i now have the permission to begin moving there mailboxes around.

so lets say that were gonna create a second storage group... and this group i want to have less send/recieve permissions: no more than 5 recipients, no more than 6 megs in attachments in or out, same email naming conventions for both.

my question is, when i move the users from the first storage group to the second group with more restrictions, will they recieve a notification to clean out there inbox? see, some of the inboxes im gonna move will automatically put this people at their send/recieve limit, so i want to make sure that they get informed... without having to create a test user with a 260 meg inbox. if i was to test it properly, i wuold have to fill up the inbox with 260 megs worth of 10 meg attachments, follow?

its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Re: Recipient policy for Second Storage Group

According to my experience:
    When moving mailbox (source) which is bigger then the restriction in the mailbox store (Destination) - the operation will fail.

In my opinion, you should create Mailbox Store without a limit, or limit that is bigger then your mailboxes size and then set the restrictions.
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Comment

ok.. so ill move the Privledged accounts to the new mail store...

this prompts a question.

scenario 1

1 mailstore, 1 user with 160 megs used, 200 meg mailbox limit...
      the default policy is modified and the limit is decreased from 200 megs to 150.
      what happens to user when they logon monday?
      will they have the opportunity to clean out their inbox?

i dont want to have to test this, cause i dont want to fill up an inbox with 200 megs worth of crap...

see, a small percentage of the users will be over limit if i edit policy to where i want it. i dont want to cause a big problem, but i want to limit the users more effectively.

Comment

1. In this case, the user will be prompt to clean his mailbox and reduce the sice.
        2. I recommand (if you are the administrator - I guess you are), move the mailbox of one user now, login to his mailbox and see what happens.
        Polycom Israel.

Comment

2. I recommand (if you are the administrator - I guess you are), move the mailbox of one user now, login to his mailbox and see what happens.
          heeheee... i always forget that. it reminds me of going thru your moms purse or something.. good call.

thanks again man, always on point.

Comment

You welcome - some times the answer is right under our nose
            Polycom Israel.

Comment

Working...
            X