X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configure personal e-mail on work

Hi to all in the forum,

Iím trying to have access of my personal e-mail at my workÖ
    Here at work the company uses the Microsoft exchange server.
    So I made the configurations for my personal e-mail on Outlook 2007 but it seems that the port for POP and SMTP are blockedÖ

I use the port 110 for POP and 25 for SMTP.

So my question is. Itís possible solve this? Something like unlock the ports? Ore use other ports?

I really appreciate same help on this matter, because where on work they donít allow us to see our private e-mail and this isnít niceÖ

Kind regards,

Ismael

Re: Configure personal e-mail on work

Many email providers have a web-based interface. Some offer alternate ports too.

You need to go to your ISP / provider and hit their FAQ.

BTW, do understand your Company's policy on these sorts of things. Even if you can get around their blocking, they can still easily see what you're doing and you wouldn't want to be fired, would you?
    Last edited by rvalstar; 27th February 2007, 18:46.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

where on work they donít allow us to see our private e-mail and this isnít niceÖ
      That quote is your clue. Go with the flow, or work somewhere else. We won't help you get around your employer's policy here.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Ok, I understand.

I really don't want to be fired....

Best regards,

Ismael

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
          That quote is your clue. Go with the flow, or work somewhere else. We won't help you get around your employer's policy here.
          Actually, I've been places where they're OK w/ web-based access they just don't want to open up POP and SMTP. So do ask the Help Desk before abandoning all hope.
          Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
          X