X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlacList Mail

hi,
    since yesterday I have problem with my exchange, it's

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
    Subject: Test Mail from CRS
    Sent: 2/26/2007 9:33 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[email protected] on 2/26/2007 9:33 AM
    There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
    <sea-dili-main.tl.seapro.ad.crs.org #5.5.0 smtp;550 mail not accepted from blacklisted IP address [202.72.105.118]>
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I fix this problem?

pls help me.
    thanks

Re: BlacList Mail

Look at the reply, it has a very nice hint on what you need to do.

Another hint?

Talk to the RBL provider and convince them you're not a spammer.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thanks your help

my email is [email protected]

i can send to gmail, yahoo and others. but when i am going to send mail to this ([email protected]) address using my exchange, i am getting that error. (but i can send mail to that address using yahoo and gmail).

How can i edit blacklist on exchnage? or what is best solution for this

I am stuck with this
      Thanks your help

Lasantha

Comment

You missed what Daniel is trying to say. Your IP is blacklisted for some reason, usually either a spambot somewhere on your network, your exchange server has been compromised or you are a spammer . You cannot "edit" exchange as it is his server (for good reason) that is blocking you.

Your yahoo/gmail evidence is irrelevant, it is your network.
        Time to cleanup.

After you figure out the source go to here, if your just go here without cleanup, you'll get listed again (almost instantly)

EDIT - Note: the above link is specific to his situation
        Last edited by Lior_S; 26th February 2007, 05:43. Reason: more info
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

First, Thanks you help,

My current IP address is 202.72.105.118. and I have got 6 IP address. If I change it to 202.72.105.119, Does it able to fix my problem?

or

Should I reinstall my server again with same IP address?

Good luck
          Lasantha

Comment

You're not listening. Find out the reason WHY you were blacklisted! Reinstalling won't fix anything, and unless you fix THE REASON, your new IP will also be blacklisted.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Lasanthajn,
              Your mail server has been blacklisted, this means that your ipaddress is logged in a database of one of the blacklist providers (ORBD, SpamHaus, SpamCop or someone else). The people that run the mail sevrers at indosat.net.id are using theese lists. You will not be able to send email to them as long as you are on the list.

Why are you on the list?
              You might be open for relay. You might have sent a newsletter to someone that did not appreciate it and reported you as spammers. Someone might have had the address before you got it and they were blacklisted. Maybe you deliberately spamed someone and deserve to be on the list. I don't know. There are many possibilities.

Fist of all, make sure you're not open to relay. I did an anonymous test and you looked ok. After you are sure you're not open for relay, check the websites of the blacklist providers to see if you are listed. I looked you up and you are blacklisted by the following services: block.blars.org , spammers.v6net.org and relays.osirusoft.com. There might be others as well.

The ipaddress you use to send email has been branded for spamming and I would guess you are on so many lists there's no use to try to clean up. Get your act together, make sure you aren't open for relay. Make sure no one is spamming from your email server and finally change ipaddress and update the DNS MX records so that your domain email is sent to that new ipaddress.

/Anders

I really want to help, I just hope I didn't assist a spammer now.
              A wise man once said: "Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups".

Any advice I give is to the best of my knowledge, there is no guarantee what so ever that it will actually work in your particular scenario. I will not accept any responsibility for unexpected consequences, after all - you are taking advice from a complete stranger over the internet. =)

Comment

Thanks friend,
                I have got number of IP address from my ISP. that's good Idea to change to new IP.
                How was i spamer?
                How can I clean up?
                Because we have 50 users.

Thanks again
                Lasantha

Comment

How long have you had the IP address?
                  If you have only just got it, then ask the ISP for new addresses.
                  If you have had it a while, then you need to clean up your act and find out why you are being blacklisted. You probably have a compromised machine on your network or your server is open to the world.

Simon.
                  --
                  Simon Butler
                  Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
                  More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
                  Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
                  In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

How can i find out which blacklist providers have blocked my IP?
                    we have been use this IP more than 2 years. Finaly I have scaned all virus and other in my server & clients.

Thanks guys
                    Lasantha

Comment

yay you are no longer listed (as of now anyway)

see here
                      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Lasanthajn View Post
                        How can i find out which blacklist providers have blocked my IP?
                        we have been use this IP more than 2 years. Finaly I have scaned all virus and other in my server & clients.

Thanks guys
                        Lasantha
                        Are you reading the replies you're getting? Are you even trying to understand them? You got a lot of answers and still you ask the same questions.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
                          Are you reading the replies you're getting? Are you even trying to understand them? You got a lot of answers and still you ask the same questions.

Reminds me of conversations with my daughter, see already made up her mind and ignores response that she does not like, oh and she two

Comment

Working...
                          X