owa problem behind proxyserver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• owa problem behind proxyserver

Users within my company go onto the internet via winroute, proxyserver. When they want to use outlook web access the inbox keeps loading but nothin appears. When they don't use the proxy there is no problem. Why does this happen and what can I do about it?

Re: owa problem behind proxyserver

Are you trying to access your own OWA, or another company? what version of exchange? if this is your own OWA, then why would they go through a proxy server on the same LAN? Have you tried it in Firefox?

We need more info or you'll get an answer to a question you did not ask.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

I use exchange 2003 sp2. It is my own owa. The location where I work they can use the lan but there are six other locations en they go over the internet. They are all educational institutes and I use the proxy (winroute pro) there to have control over the use of internet and to set restrictions. I hope this is enough info?

Comment

The problem stems from NTLM vs. basic authentication.
        NTLM does not work through a proxy. So you have to force basic authentication in IE as a work around.
        Have a read here (its long) or here.
        or the short version here

Also give Firefox a try to verify that authentication is the issue....
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Working...
        X