Creating multiple mailboxes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating multiple mailboxes

We are currently migrating from one a Exchange 5.5 to a 2003 one which is a member server of a different domain in the same forest. I'm going to use exmerge to move the mailboxes around, so I was wondering if there is a quicker method in creating new mailboxes in the new server before i exmerge all the pst. (We're talking of about 500 mailboxes, which may require a bit of elbow grease if done one by one).
    Thanks for your help
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Re: Creating multiple mailboxes

If all the mailboxes are in the same OU, highlight them all, right click, go to exchange tasks, and then select create mailbox.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

No, users aren't in the same OU but that's ok. I can easily manage about a dozen OU as opposed to 500 users. Thanks for that
      Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
        Thanks for that
        No problem
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

You also have 2 other options:

1) Use the FIND feature, search for users, highlight all the results, and right-click.

2) When performing other maintanance actions you can (and should) be aware of ADMOD .NET. Look for it in Google, it can do wonders.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thanks Daniel

I'll give admod (If it's the command line tool you are talking about) a go as well.
            For the ones that are interested you can get it from here www.joeware.net/win/free/tools/admod.htm
            Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Although Joe Richards has some very cool tools, I was referring to ADMODIFY .NET. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Ok got it, it makes more sense now
                Thanks
                Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
                X