No announcement yet.

Unable to autoforward

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to autoforward

Am trying to setup a rule to autoforward email to an external address, and nothing happens.
    Have been able to setup up a rule to forward to an internal address no problems.

Is there a setting within exchange that might be stopping this from happening?

It is a vanilla install of Exchange 2003.
    Exchange System
    Microsoft Corporation
    Version: 6.5.7638.1

Re: Unable to autoforward

1. Did you try to configure other external email address fro testing?
    2. Did you try to setup the rule from OWA or from other computer?
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Got it

Global settings issue.
      KB 317652 provided some insights.....

Ok, that is kind of sorted.

Now I have a mail box, in exchange, that recieves mail, and based on rules I created forwards recieved mail to a couple of different external address.
        Which address it forwards to is determined by sender etc.
        And there is a catch all forward at the end that sends to yet another external address.

Here is the problem.
        It refuses to forward bounces. It refuses to forward emails from "system administrator".

Those are the emails you get if you try and send from the actual mail box, to a non existanct domain etc.

Any ideas how I can get it to forward these? If there is a global setting that stops that from happening?

Actually the best way to autoforward to an external smtp address is to configure it at the ESM.

You do need to create a contact object in Active Directory Users and Computers and mail enable it, that way the forward options within the mailbox properties will see and forward the mail to the new contact object.