Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to define routing rules in exchange 2003?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to define routing rules in exchange 2003?

Hello exchange gurus,

I am a complete novice to Exchange 2003 and this would be my first time working with Microsoft Exchange. I have a small home network with some Server 2003 and Windows XP machines. I have Active Directory, DNS and Routing Services installed and configured. All systems are part of the domain.

Now, i recently installed Exchange 2003 on my domain server and i am also able to send and receive messages between my AD users through Outlook. Now i have got a SAP System running on another Server 2003 machine which is part of this same domain. Now, i need help in configuring exchange so that certain mail addresses are forwarded to my SAP System. For this i am required to define routing rules on Exchange 2003 that assigns a mail host and port to address.

For Example:
    *@sapsys.main_domain.net is routed to sapsys.main_domain.net:25001

Can anyone please help me achieve this. I would really appreciate this help of yours. Thanks.

Regards,
    Last edited by g_srinivas; 30th January 2007, 04:32.

Re: how to define routing rules in exchange 2003?

Now with my limited knowledge i configured Exchange 2003 in following way:

1. Started Exchange System Manager
    2. Created a new SMTP Protocol from Servers->main_domain.net->Protocols->SMTP->New , and entered following params:
    a. General Tab=>IP Address: My Server IP Address
    b. Delivery Tab=>Outbound Connections=>TCP Port: 25001
    c. Delivery Tab=>Advanced Delivery=>FQDN name: sapsys.main_domain.net
    3. Next selected the option to create a new connector with following options:
    a. General Tab: Selected radio option "Forward all mail through this connector to the following smart hosts" and entered the FQDN of my SAP System
    b. General Tab: Added the SMTP Protocol I had created under Local Bridgeheads
    c. Address Space Tab: Added the SMTP Protocol

With the above settings I am still not able to receive mail in my target system and instead I get "Mail Delivery" error message when I try to send a test mail from my xp system to [email protected]_domain.net. Please help. Thanks.

Regards,
    Last edited by g_srinivas; 30th January 2007, 06:47.

Comment

Working...
    X