Help - Missing public folders entries in ESM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Missing public folders entries in ESM

An user came to me about a week ago, complaining that one of the conference room listing gone missing.

It turned out that that is one of the public folders that are mail enabled. However, I don't see the entries for all public folders in ESM. Our exchange server is now in SP1, and I was told that entries are missing because the exchange can't establish connection with Global catalog.

Here is one thing, I am stilling waiting to find out whether port 3268 is blocked or not from the private side of DMZ, where the exchange is currently located.

Comments and advices on solving this matter are greatly appreciated.

Re: Help - Missing public folders entries in ESM

Anything in the event logs?
    Have you made any high impact changes to the exchange server recently?

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Installed BPA on the exchange.

Event log showed event id=13562. I can't decipher it literally because the exchange is in Chinese. However, it indicates a warning regarding replication with the domain controller or global catalog.

Verified that path is clear for GC, Kerberos, LDAP, and Sysvol between exchange and private LAN through DMZ.

BPA showed.

Can't find RID and PDC FSMO.
      Last edited by dynashape; 24th January 2007, 02:37.

Comment

From Event Log

Following is the summary of warnings and errors encountered by File Replication Service while polling the Domain Controller <domain controller DNS name> for FRS replica set configuration information. Could not find computer object for this computer. Will try again at next polling cycle.

Comment

Run DCDiag and netdiag on your DC and see if any errors pop up and post them back.

Do you know if there was ever a DC on the network that failed / was shutdown without properly demoting it?

Michael
          Michael Armstrong
          www.m80arm.co.uk
          MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

DCdiag - no error at all.

NetDiag -

Redir and Browser test . . . . . . : Failed
            List of NetBt transports currently bound to the Redir
            NetBT_Tcpip_{F141CD22-C3F4-4D08-AA83-6A6F9FC1A7E3}
            The redir is bound to 1 NetBt transport.

List of NetBt transports currently bound to the browser
            NetBT_Tcpip_{F141CD22-C3F4-4D08-AA83-6A6F9FC1A7E3}
            The browser is bound to 1 NetBt transport.
            [FATAL] Cannot send mailslot message to '\\RCIT*\MAILSLOT\NET\NETLOGON' via
            redir. [ERROR_BAD_NETPATH]

Kerberos test. . . . . . . . . . . : Failed
            [FATAL] Kerberos does not have a ticket for host/(our exchange server)

Comment

DC failed once, but that was before I started my work.

Comment

Working...
              X