Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP CANNOT SEND EXTERNAL MAIL

Hello,

I have exchange server 2003 with SMTP connector with my DNS ip address in for the External DNS servers. I cannot send emails outside of my domain, however i can recieve mail from the outside of the domain.

PLEASE ASSIST ME ASAP
    email me [email protected]
    or [email protected] (EXCHANGE)

Have you run the Exchange setup wizard?

Scroll down...
    http://forums.petri.com/viewtopic.ph...amp;highlight=
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Error

I get an error when i try to setup the internet mail wizard it says:

To send internet email., the connected server cannot be a bridgehead server.

ID NO> c103b530

Comment

I cant send but i get this error with certain recipient's

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.

<mail.ECcableguys.com #5.5.0 smtp;553-mail rejected because your IP is in DUL. See>

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.

<mail.ECcableguys.com #5.5.0 smtp;573 [email protected] unknown user account>

Comment

573 means that the server was unreachable.

Do you know if your ISP is blocking inbound port 25? Try telnetting into the smtp server from outside your network to check that it allowing port 25 connections. Also if your server is behind a firewall that you have properly unblocked then forwarded port 25. Make sure your MX record for the domain is pointing to the correct IP address. Make sure that mailbox exists.

i.e telnet 10.10.10.1 25

if it works you should see something like the following:
          220 servername.domain.yourdomain.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.0
          ready at Sat, 24 Jul 2004 15:33:26 -0400
          Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X