Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail stuck in "messages pending submission" que

Hi.

I recently setup a windows 2003 SBS and configured Exchange 2003. The mail is getting retreived from the ISP using the POP3 connector with no problems, but then just sits in the "messages pending submission" que with a status of "active".

Forceing the connection or restarting all the exchange services does not help (even after disabling Trend's ScanMail 6.2), but if I restart the server the mail goes to the "local delivery" que and then propogates to the mailboxes.

I've disabled Trend Officescan 6 from virus scanning of the que folders under "mailroot\vs1\"

This is an intermittant problem and always requires a reboot of the server.

Any ideas?

Re: Mail stuck in "messages pending submission" que

Xnel: If you restart IIS (from the command prompt: iisreset) then the mail will start flowing again.

I have seen this problem on about 1/3 of all of the SBS boxes I have integrated. Even the ones that are configured exactly the same as the ones that don't have the problem.

I think MS needs to address this; I feel it is a bug that needs their attention. I have spend over 30+ hours working with their engineers to no avail. Even reinstalling IIS and Exchange only fixed the problem temporarily.

Most of our solutions use Trend products, and at one time, I thought that might be the issue, but it doesn't happen on all of the servers w/ TM.

I am still at a loss. for the interim, I have created a repeating auto task to reset the IIS every hour, just incase. this has kept the clients off my back, but it isn't a solution.

Comment

Hi,

If you do a search for an e-mail through message tracking and it says that it is stuck in the categorizer then chances are it is failing on the AD lookup. Make the exchange a GC and it should fix the problem. I have seen this a couple of times and this has worked for me.

Please try this and let me know, as I would like to think that it wasn't just a flike that it is working fine now...

Thanks

CW
      "This comment is composed of 100% recycled spam"

Comment

I am having this problem right now.

I have been looking all over

Exchange 2003 Standard Ed on Win 2003 Enter sp1

I have tried the end process on Inetinfo and if it does release any messages, it is hard to tell because of the 1500 (all legit) emails in there, there aren't may getting through. It seems to be hovering around that number now. It started about 5 hours ago and built up to about 1500.

I tried rebooting (multiple times)
        I tried stopping my GFI MailEssentials services
        I tried stopping my Etrust realtime scanning AND mail options
        I tried restarting the IIS service (stopping the inetinfo process seems to do that too)

I am stumped.
        Thank you,

Marc

Comment

UPDATE:

Everytime I stop the inetinfo process a string of events happens including transferring 10 emails. I have attached a screenshot of the events.
          Attached Files
          Thank you,

Marc

Comment

OMG.

My resolution was to uncheck the DNS Blacklists for GFI MailEssentials.

http://forums.msexchange.org/m_18000....htm#180008200

There went 4 hours of my life................
            Thank you,

Marc

Comment

Re: Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your answer with us! I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thanks Marc,
                UnChecking the GFI DNS blacklist fixed my problem. I am grateful. It was 5 hours wasted from my life. This site is great.
                Steve

Comment

Yup, I got this fixed too. I disabled the DNS blacklisting on my GFI.

Comment

Disabling GFI blacklists worked for me too. We were getting a couple hundred spam messages per second and GFI choked on it.

Thanks!

Comment

Have the same problem but don't have GFI.
                      I have CA Antivirus installed, tried disable the services but no luck.
                      IISReset gets the SMTP to start sending mails, but they still get stuck i que.

Comment

Hello at all

Just dont use the relays.ordb.org.
                        This one isnt availlable anymore.

greezze

Comment

Thanks all. Disabling dns blacklist worked. Saved me a ton of time. Greezze only disabling relays.ordb.org seems to be working also.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                          X