This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPC over HTTPS

I am trying to configure RPC over HTTPS. We have single server scenario, where windows 2003 std server SP1 and exchange server std SP1 is installed. We have 5 remote locations which connects to the server via VPN. VPN is configured on the router and NOT on the server. Server is behind the watchgaurd x500 firewall. OWA is working fine, but we want few remote users to use outlook instead of OWA because they can't do much with OWA. That's why we are considering RPC over HTTPS. I have read your article: http://www.petri.com/configure_rpc_o...gle_server.htm

Q1: i believe RPC over HTTPS is additonal/optional feature, which will not effect the present setup. Is that right ? It won't effect the VPNs and the OWA setup ?

Q2: At present Certificate services is not installed on the server. Can we use W2K3 built-in enterprise root CA or you highly recommend to use 3rd party CA ?

Pls advice/ Ravi

Re: RPC over HTTPS

For a better response this should be posted in the Exchange Forum as it is directly related.

Reported to forum MOD

Comment

Re: RPC over HTTPS

Wrong forum, wrong thread title, and all this after you've personally emailed me and I explained it to you.

So, NO SOUP FOR YOU. Come back it 2 weeks.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
      X