2 exchange problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 exchange problems

first, some background info on whats running.

I have an exchange server, running Windows Server 2003 Ent. & Exchange server std. It is also setup as a secondary DC & RAS. Main DC is Windows Server 2003 Std. Clients (around 50) are using Windows 2000/XP, Outlook 2003 & IE 6 or 7.

1st problem:
    Several of the accounts (about 6 out of the initial 35) setup cannot resolve there name within Outlook to the exchange server. Most are ok, and all were setup in the same way, at about the same time. Most of them are, funnily enuf, within the same Org.Unit and Sec.Unit in the AD., but 2 of them are not. The rest of the people within the same Unit's are fine.
    Ive tried a couple of solutions I found on Google, such as refreshing/updating the RUS and have also removed all the exchange features from those accounts and tried again, but to no avail. This led onto problem 2 being discovered.

2nd Problem:
    I tried using Outlook web, to try and find out where the problem was. However all I get after typing in username and password, is the basic layout, with all images as red crosses and the inbox just says, "Loading...". Nothing is displayed correctly, like an out of date website.

Any help would be greatly welcomed as my boss is losing his patience with me
    Last edited by swfblade; 16th January 2007, 09:26.
    James
    MCP

Re: 2 exchange problems

ok, well now when i tell it to create the mailbox, it doesnt. If i send a mail to that address it then creates the mailbox, but its still not viewable in the global list. Not set to hide b4 its suggested.
    James
    MCP

Comment

A. About the users that have problems with "check name", try the followings:
      1. Try the next command: netsh winsock reset
      2. Try the next link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/325930
      3. Try working without cache mode (if configure).

B. About the OWA issue:
      1. If KB911829 is installed - uninstall it and reset the Exchange server.
      2. Try the next link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280823
      3. Try the next link: http://support.microsoft.com/default...=rss&spid=1773

If your boss has any problems - tell him to call me
      CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
      Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
      Polycom Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by swfblade View Post
        ok, well now when i tell it to create the mailbox, it doesnt. If i send a mail to that address it then creates the mailbox, but its still not viewable in the global list. Not set to hide b4 its suggested.
        swfblade,

You're not new here. Do you think that using a title like that for your important Exchange issues will bring in the traffic you're looking for?

Please edit your thread to have an appropriate title.

I usually ban for 2 weeks and don't bother asking nicely, but in your case I will ask just because it's not your first post here.

So please. Do it yourself, don't make me do it for you.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

crikey, sorry i just didnt think i could fit it all into a thread title. I'll happily change it tho if you want.

tkolber, cheers I'll give that a go now.
          James
          MCP

Comment

excellent, the OWA thing is sorted now! Many thanks. The other problem remains tho. I just simply cannot get the users to add to the GAL.

I've just checked the event logs and they come back with
            Code:
            LDAP returned the error [32] Insufficient Rights when importing the transaction
            event id is 8270.

Kinda suggests permissions, but they all seem fine
            James
            MCP

Comment

Try running setup /domainprep again.
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Tried that, didnt work.

However I have now solved this!

Turns out it was a permissions thing. Despite having the inherit permissions ticked, they were not inheriting on those users! I simply messed about with different permissions, then restored default settings, reticked the inherit box and it now works.

I now seem to have DNS and permissions issues tho (unrelated to those mentioned above), that were not apparent before i installed exchange.
                I'll take a quick look to see if I can sort these, but if not I'll start a new topic about these problems. Getting there tho.....
                James
                MCP

Comment

Re: Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your answer with us! I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                  MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

DNS & Permissions

Actually I've solved that as well.

I was reciving the following error message from certain emails:

Code:
                    Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:	xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                          Sent:	18/01/2007 10:23

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

xxxxxxxx ([email protected]) on 18/01/2007 10:23
                                You do not have permission to send to this recipient.  For assistance, contact your system administrator.
                                <exchsrvr.domain #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 Rejected exchsvrip found in safe.dnsbl.sorbs.net>
                    I'd simply forgotten to set up the SMTP connector correctly......
                    all seems good, and I'm very impressed by the speed Exchange works at, compared to our old system, MDaemon.
                    James
                    MCP

Comment

Well done mate.
                      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
                      X