Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move Exchange 2003 to new server

Hi,

I have a Windows 2003 server which is a DC and exchange 2003 server called dc01.
    I have a new server on which I installed exchange 2003 called dc02. I want to gradually move exchange from dc01 to dc02. I have so far followed the MS Kbs. Now the issue I have is messages are not leaving the queue from the new exchange server I see this message "An SMTP protocol error occurred" when i click on the queue of the new server. I can see both server in the administrative groups. I can even move mailbox from one server to another.

Any ideas

Thanks

Re: Move Exchange 2003 to new server

I think it's on the first page of the Exchange 2003 manual, in ten foot high letters, to NEVER install Exchange 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 Domain Controller... isn't it?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

I know. I should have been clear. The current server was the only server. It was already here before I started and already had DC and exchange on it. I now want to separate the two things. I already have a new DC by itself. I now want to get the exchange part to the new server. So i followed the Ed Crowley Server Move path.

SH

Comment

...and the new server isn't a DC? If you can, try to move Exchange to a non-DC, and if you need a second DC (always useful to have a couple lying around) you can DCPROMO another box later.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

The DC is not the issue. I have already created a new server for the DC. The issue I have is that old exchange server does not send messages to the new exchange (Not a DC ) server. The message is stuck in the queue.

SH

Comment

Event ID errors? More information is needed.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
            X