Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Folder - Calendar Default View

Hi Everybody,

I have a question that i hope somebody can answer. I have set up my first exchange server (2003) and it has been running very well for about 8 months. I am very happy with it and so are the users!!

The one that is annoying is the default calendar view in a public folder. I want to change it for all users to 31 days in OWA from the default 1 day.

Is there anything i can/need to mod'. You would think there would be an option for it somewhere in system manager maybe i am just being stupid and have missed it.

If anyone can help i will be so happy :grin

Thanks
    James

Re: Public Folder - Calendar Default View

To force users to see a custom view when they open a public folder:

-- Create the custom view, choosing the "On this folder, visible to everyone" option.

-- Choose View | Current View | Define Views. Select the desired view, and click Publish. At the bottom of that dialog, check the box for "Only show views created for this folder."

-- On the folder's Properties dialog, on the Administration tab, select your view as the Initial View on Folder.

http://groups.google.co.il/group/mic...d5f0c8f01c7147

http://groups.google.co.il/group/mic...fc1d0c8ba5eb55
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Comment

tkolber Thank you for your speedy response!!

That's not quite what i mean, sorry i am rubbish at explaining things. Basically what i want is when a person clicks on a calendar in the left frame in Outlook Web access. I want the right frame to open up straight away in monthly view, without having to click on the "31" icon.

Thanks again

I am begginning to think that it can't be done.

James

Comment

Sorry, my mistake....

There is no easy possibility to do it even with OWAAdmin:
        http://www.petri.com/download_owaadmin.htm

But maybe you can by editing some html pages in the OWA or use third party...

CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
        Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
        Polycom Israel.

Comment

Thats a shame. I had already tried OWA admin but to no avail! I guessed that i'd have to edit the webpage but i didn't know which one.
          I guessed it would be somewhere in Exchsrvr\exchweb\6.5.6944.0\controls but i have no idea which bit to edit e.g. calendar view etc..

Thanks for all your help anyway.

James

Comment

Working...
          X