Active directory in XP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active directory in XP

I used an article on this site called Administer Exchange 2000 from XP SP1 to install the admin pack. I followed the instructions 4 times and each time it says complete but when I use "ACTIVE DIRECTORY USERS AND COMPUTERS" and select a users properties there is no exchange advanced tab showing so I can only carry out half my duties. I have XP with SP2 installed on my PC. Can anyone suggest a fix please.
    thanks

Re: Active directory in XP

Hello,

You need to install the exchange admin tools on your XP machine to get the exchange tabs. You can get this from the exchange installation CD.

Hope this helps

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Done this but it still doesn't work.
      the article says to install the hotfix, then the exhange part, then the admin pack 2003 (2000 won't work with XP).

I followed the article to the letter but still no joy.

Any other ideas please ?

Comment

I've always installed the admin pack first and then exchange admin tools.

Not too sure why it doesn't work, especially since daniel created an article for it.

I'll have a quick butchers at the article!

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

You install:

IIS (and SMTP if SP1, not needed if SP2)
          Win2003 Adminpak
          Exchange 2003 Management Tools
          Exchange 2003 SP2

It works.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X