No announcement yet.

Access exchange server contacts and shared calendars from outside PIX firewall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access exchange server contacts and shared calendars from outside PIX firewall

Hi,

What's the best or how do I allow access to exchange server contacts and shared calendars from outside firewall?

Thanks...

Re: Access exchange server contacts and shared calendars from outside PIX firewall

You could open port 443 (If you have SSL enabled) and place all the data in PF's. If not then users will have to use OWA

Hope this is what your after

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Access exchange server contacts and shared calendars from outside PIX firewall

Michael,

I have only one Exchange Server. If I implement the OWA. How would I implement it and what's the secure way to do? Also is it possible for all the users to be able to see the contacts and shared calendars in OWA?

Thanks in advance...

Comment

OWA should already be enabled by default on your exchange 2003 install.

Take a look at this for configuring SSL:

http://www.petri.com/configure_ssl_on_owa.htm

Use to seaerch for answers. If you get stuck then feel free to post back with any questions.

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

If port(s) 80/443 are open on the PIX then consider using RPC over HTTPS which will allow users to use the full Outlook Client
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Teiger,

"using RPC over HTTPS which will allow users to use the full Outlook Client" Please explain what do you mean? Also is it possible for all the users to be able to see the contacts and shared calendars in OWA?

Thanks...

Comment

itek, try using and not expect to be spoonfeed all the answers.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
              X