X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Exchange q. ASAP

Hi

I have a few Q.

1) When someone sends email to my domain but there is no such recipient, How can it delivered to a postmaster mailbox or any mailbox hat I decide?

2) In the DMZ I Have 2 gateway server that has diffrent MX record in the dns. What should I change in the exchange that it will send and recieve via the gateways?

Than'x

1) You need to look for CATCHALL on Google.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324021

2) You need to configure an SMTP Connector and configure it to use a smart host.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Petri
      1) You need to look for CATCHALL on Google.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324021

2) You need to configure an SMTP Connector and configure it to use a smart host.
      In 1 its says to catch all the mail, I need only the mail that isnt deliver to no one.

2) Should I change something in the dns or the hosts files. The 2 Gateways are on linux and running trend gateway.

Comment

Read the KB. It's used to catch only mail that has no recipient.

Beware, doing so will increase the amount of spam you'll receive by 1000 times or more!!!
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

This will deliver all mesages which have no recipient to the address you specify. I wouldn't suggest that you deliver it to an account you use. Like Daniel said you'll get tons of spam.
          Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Nope Ahinson, I must disagree with you. That will only configure the NDR destination, and what we need is not the NDR but the message itself.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Nope Ahinson, I must disagree with you. That will only configure the NDR destination, and what we need is not the NDR but the message itself.
              Ah, I thought he was looking for a way to find out when mail was being bounced. Maybe I should read the post next time -
              Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

i need to see the mails, so what should I do?

Comment

Why, why oh God, why don't you just follow my v-e-r-y s-i-m-p-l-e instructions??????

What do you expect? Me to force feed you with a spoon?

Read the article I gave you.
                  Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                  MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Why, why oh God, why don't you just follow my v-e-r-y s-i-m-p-l-e instructions??????

What do you expect? Me to force feed you with a spoon?

Read the article I gave you.
                    Sorry for the confusion.
                    Andrew

Comment

It's not your fault Ahinson. Believe me, there's nothing on earth you can do against it...

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

nikita,

just tell exaclly what you want. not a short discription of the thing you wanted..
                        Marcel
                        Technical Consultant
                        Netherlands
                        http://www.phetios.com
                        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
                        X