No announcement yet.

Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003

I need some advice.

We are upgrading our NT4/POP3/Exchange 5.5 installation and we have chosen Windows 2003 Server and Exchange 2003.

I have already created a new 2003 domain, as we are small enough to not need to migrate from the current messy NT upgraded 2000 domain currently in use and I want a fresh start anyway.

So I need to know the best way to get my current 5.5 Exchange organization over to a new Windows 2003 domain and Exchange 2003 server. I am yet to add the new Exchange server to either my current 2000 or my new 2003 domain, if that helps my situation until anyone can help.

I have trawled various websites looking for a definative answer, but nothing as yet. All the answers seem to involve the Windows 2003 domain being a migration of the NT domain and then adding the AD connectors into NT.

Does anyone have some clear advice on either Exmerge, or just plain old exporting mailboxes to pst and reimporting them. I only have 40 mailboxes, but quite an extensive public folder and Global Address book.

Re: Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003

Personally, to make sure your clean new system IS in fact a clean new system, I would go for the export/re-import route. You may have to get the user community to sign-off on being unable to access certain public folders for a short time, but in the end I think the risk/reward ratio is far better this way, and it enables you to set up your new Exchange 2003 environment without compromise, exactly as you want it.

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Re: Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003

Check out this

Also, this search looks promising

EDIT - Stonelaughter, you snuck it in right before me Yes, that may be a good way to go. I'm sure Daniel or Simon will chime in with some advice.
      Last edited by JeremyW; 14th December 2006, 13:16.

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond