Exchange 2003 Clusters and ISA 2004

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 Clusters and ISA 2004

I haven't seen many discussions on how to setup clustering whether it's with Exchange or other technolgies. When creating any rules in ISA Server 2004, do I create the rule and point it to the virtual cluster server name or the actual exchange server itself?

For instance, if I wanted to publish OWA through ISA server, how do I do that if the Exchange servers are clustered?

My topology is NOT a FE/BE but rather RPC over HTTPS.

Re: Exchange 2003 Clusters and ISA 2004

Normally when using clustering, you point to the Exchange Virtual Server since this will respond on behalf of the cluster

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Exchange 2003 Clusters and ISA 2004

That's what I thought but the engineer here has it pointing to the actual servers themselves. Any good documentation on how to setup RPC over HTTP in an Exchange Clustered environment using ISA 2004??

One last item:
      Do I configure ISA2004 with the IP address of the virtual server for both inbound and outbound traffic?
      Last edited by Server_Dude; 13th December 2006, 06:30.

Comment

Working...
      X