Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emails disappearing from Exchange mailbox

Bit of an odd one but here goes:

Have a customer with Exchange adn a postmaster mailbox. 3 users have the Postmaster mailbox added as an aditional mailbox. However recently the folder list will say x number unread when only 4 emails are showing.

If I create a new profile under one of those 3 users and setyuup the profile to access teh post master account it displays fine.

There is no OST files in use adn no caching. All users have full permissions on teh postmaster mailbox

Ive attached some screenshots of the issue

We did create a new postmaster accound and called it postmaster2 and forwarded all emails from postmaster onto it, however the issue has now cropped up on the postmaster2 account

Thanks for any help
    Attached Files

Re: Emails disappearing from Exchange mailbox

I saw something like this before and it turned out to be an Outlook viewing problem. I tried to recreate it for you, but couldn't, and can't for the life of me think of what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by prmolina View Post
      I saw something like this before and it turned out to be an Outlook viewing problem. I tried to recreate it for you, but couldn't, and can't for the life of me think of what it was.
      Its baffling us as well since we cant recrated it on our own system. We have made sure no filters are specified yet the problem exisits.

Its rather annoying to say the least

Dave

Comment

Have you tried deleting the first profile and recreating it?

What about if the first user logs onto a different machine and opens oulook?

What about using OWA, what happens then?
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by tonyyeb View Post
          Have you tried deleting the first profile and recreating it?

What about if the first user logs onto a different machine and opens oulook?

What about using OWA, what happens then?
          OWA shows teh correct information
          If you logon onto a new machine and set the profile up the mailbox from what we have been told will work fine for a day or so then the issue will pop up

Dave

Comment

Hmmm if it was me id maybe delete the mailbox and recreate it and see how it goes from there.
            Server 2000 MCP
            Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Ill give deleting the mailbox a go, however the problem did crop up on the new postmaster account we set up

Dave

Comment

The hidden e-mails that are showing as unread have probably been sent marked as private. To view them you will have to logon with the account that owns the mailbox. In Outlook, select Tools, then Options and then select the delegates tab. Add the users that should be able to view the private items.

Be certain to uncheck the Delegate receives copies of meeting-related messages sent to me.

Now check the Delegate can see my private items box.

Click on OK and then OK again to exit.

The selected users will now be able to view all the items in the inbox. They may need to restart Outlook on their own machines first.

Comment

I've seen something similar happen before. The problem was that the user e-mailaccount was set up to deliver the e-mail to a personal folder, which made them "dissapear" from the exchange inbox as Outlook moved them to the personal folder.

Tools -> E-Mail accounts -> View / change e-mail account

Make sure that the "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" dropbox i set to Mailbox - Username.Username and not Personal folder.

Might be worth a shot.
                  A wise man once said: "Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups".

Any advice I give is to the best of my knowledge, there is no guarantee what so ever that it will actually work in your particular scenario. I will not accept any responsibility for unexpected consequences, after all - you are taking advice from a complete stranger over the internet. =)

Comment

Working...
                  X