Receiving mails..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiving mails..

Hi to everyone. Im complete newbie to exhange and this maybe is simple question but.. I have problems:

1. I made User in AD + Exchange 2003 . my local domain is azgorov.local
    I made my smpt mail to be : [email protected] and I put pop3 server.
    Now as a result. I can send mails from this smtp server (www.azgorov.com), When i send mail from me to me - its ok. (pop3 server works). But when i send mail to me from somewhere else (for example hotmail.com) - I did not receive it. Can some direct me what i missed please.

2. How can i put another Adress to the same AD user. i mean my mail in exchange is [email protected] and user is Kalin. How can make mail : [email protected] ?

Thank you in advance.

You need to create a second RECIPIENT POLICY with the internet domain name you have. You then need to cofigure the MX record for the internet domain to point to your Exchange server's IP address.

This will answer both your questions.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

First Question

My Default Domain forwarding zone is azgorov.local. Do I have to make new forwaring zone in my DNS and set MX record with ip ? And my default smtp policy have smpt : @azgorov.com. But It stills does not work... And one more question . I made second POP3 virtual server and call it www.azgorov.com . Is it possible this to be the problem. Because I have no idea what is my default pop3 server DNS name...

Comment

Do you have a recipient policy set up for azgorov.com? Do all your users have a second email address for the azgorov.com domain?

Next, I see that the azgorov.com doesn't resolve on the internet. Please contact your ISP and ask them to set up your domain on their DNS servers, and add an MX record for your server.
        Attached Files
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Sorry

Uff sorry for this misunderstanding... azgorov.com was just an example... Real domains that i have are : www.iberhoteles.com and www.blutour.net. they go to 217.26.241.51. So what i did. I made Domain called IberHoteles.local, Then I Installed Exchange 2003 over it with default settings. Then Add user in AD with Mailbox support. user is "kalin.azgorov". So default SMTP mail is [email protected]l. Then I changed in Default Policy SMTP domain to @iberhoteles.com. Then I go to DNS console and in default forwarding zone i made MX record. In MX record my FQDN is IberHoteles.local for domain. In place of FQDN Exchange name i did not what to put (I think my Exhcnage FQDN is the same as domain) so i put again IberHoteles.local.... I put forwarding in default smtp server to 127.0.0.1 and 217.26.241.51 (I need that for asp pages...). So as a result of all this - I can send mails from [email protected] using SMTP server www.iberhoteles.com. But I can not receive from outsider mine server. I do not receive mails from hotmail.com for example. When I send mail from [email protected] to [email protected] - it works. i test with POP3 server and i can download my messages... But...

I have DNS IP of my ISP : 217.26.240.2... So I suppose to miss something somewhere but i can not find what.. .I will be extremely grateful if you can help me.

Comment

Working...
          X