group email address?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• group email address?

I'd like to set up an email address like [email protected] and have any email that comes in go out to everyone in the sales group. Is this possible? I tried to add the same email address to multiple people, but it wouldn't let me obviously. Do the messages have to get routed to a public folder or something? I wasn't sure how to search for this so I apologize if it has been asked before.

Re: group email address?

You can create a Distribution List (DL) in the AD, add all the recipients inside and then each email that will arrive this DL will be forward to the group members:
    (Look at - "Creation of mail enabled groups"
    http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...anagement.html
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Comment

Hello,

There are two ways of doing this!

1. Setup a sales account with the email address [email protected] and then delegate permissions to all the users to view this mailbox.

or

2. Create a distribution group with the email address [email protected] and then add all the users to the group who you want the mail to be delivered to.

Both have their pro's and con's

If you need help setting any up then please let us know

Thanks

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Perfect, exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X