Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 doesn't download the Address book properly

Hello,

When we add new users to the Active Directory, they are not getting reflected on the Global Address List ( On Outlook ).
    I disabled "Cached Exchange Mode" and was able to see the new users in the GAL on Outlook 2003. However, when I enabled "Cached Mode", it doesn't work.

I have tried re-building the Offline Address List on Exchange server but that doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks.

P.S.: When I use Webmail to access e-mails, the Global Address List (GAL) reflects all AD accounts.

Re: Outlook 2003 doesn't download the Address book properly

Configure the OAB replication more offten:
    http://www.petri.com/gal_problems_an...tlook_2003.htm
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Comment

Hi

I have configured OAB replication more often and followed the Registry tweaks as well but I have had no luck!!!!
      When I use OWA ( Outlook Web Access) the GAL reflects all the new AD users. However, when using Outlook 2003, any new user added to AD is not getting reflected in Outlook 2003.

I have re-built the Offline Address Book multiple times and downloaded GAL on my Outlook but had no success. If i disable "Cached Exchange Mode", Outlook works fine ( is slow) but with "Cached Exchange Mode" it doesn't.

Would appreciate any help.
      Desperate for a solution as it affects any new user added to AD.

Thanks.

Comment

How offten is your OAB replication (every 1 hour, 4 hours)?
        CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
        Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
        Polycom Israel.

Comment

Hi,

OAB replication is set to every hour.
          Let me also tell you the setup.

We have a PDC and a BDC. BDC hosts the exchange 2003 server.
          I noticed today on Outlook 2003, that Outlook 2003 Synchronization folder throws up an error message (0X8004010F - Sync Error).
          I went to the PDC and tried to preview one of the users newly added to Active Directory on Global Address List. I was able to find the user on GAL.

However, when I go to the BDC that hosts the exchange server and do a preview using GAL, System manager closes down with an error "Microsoft Active Directory Exchange extension has encountered an error and needs to close".

I have tried to uncheck the "Cached Exchange Mode" on Outlook 2003 and that does solve the problem with the address list. The Address List of Outlook 2003 in "Non-Cached Mode" lists all users.

I want to fix this problem without changing Outlook to a "Non-Cached" mode.

Thanks for any help.
          I'm completely lost!!!...I'm new to Windows Admin and Exchange...

Comment

bineshb,

did you ever get a resolution for thihe GAL in chanched mode?

sneuman

Comment

Working...
            X