No announcement yet.

RPC over HTTP with Win2k DC

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPC over HTTP with Win2k DC

I read through the guides and did the searches. At this point I am burnt out trying to figure this out. I might have missed something really simple here, but would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction. Right now I am working to get this running internally first before trying from outside world.

I guess the first question I should ask right now is can I run RPC over HTTP with my DC, GC being Win2k server and my EX box being Win2k3 member server?

I followed (to the T) the setup of RPC using the guide on this page.

My CA is running fine (I have a fully working OWA setup with a 3rd party SSL).

When connecting using OL2K3 with RPC profile internally, I get the Directory connection as TCP/IP and Mail as HTTPS. Cannot get them all to be HTTPS which I assume means something isn't working right.

The RPC proxy is installed on the Win2k3 server. Registry edits have been done using the program listed on this page.

I have added the NSPI value to my DC, GC registry (and rebooted).

As mentioned above my network is a Win2k domain with only the EX box being the Win2k3 member server.

Name: server1
    Role: DC, GC

Name: server2
    Role: DC

Name: server3
    Role: EX

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Re: RPC over HTTP with Win2k DC

This feature REQUIRES a Windows 2003 DC/GC. Therefore as you don't have any of those it will not work.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: RPC over HTTP with Win2k DC

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Time to upgrade the DC's.