all employee address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all employee address

Before we switched over to using exchange, we had an email address in the form of [email protected] that went to a specific person. Seemingly the exchange server uses [email protected] as an all employee list. Is there a way to change this?

Re: all employee address

I can't recall if this is just for SBS but by default there's a distribution group created that will contain all users. It's default email address is [email protected]. You should be able to change the email address on the distribution group and then give the [email protected] to whoever you like.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

It's a distribution list. Change it as you would any other distribution list. Just be aware of any templates or wizards trying to automatically add users to this list and make appropriate changes.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

I did make the changes, it's just being weird. Well, I'm sure I left something out. I changed the display name and the alias and all that on the server but it still shows up as what it was showing up as before in outlook. I waited until the end of the day and rebooted the server even...no luck. When I go under "All Groups", it does show the correct distribution name, but when I go under properties, it has the old info. I'm confused.

Comment

patience is a virtue...problem resolved itself over night I guess.

Comment

Working...
          X