Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multipe administrators on Exchnage 2003 with specific email addresses

Hi All,

The situation is i have an exchange server version 2003, and i want 2 companys, who are in no way connected, both to use the same box, and have access to it via Remote Desktop.

Each company will have an administrator who will be in charge of adding users to the exchange server. My main query is how can i ensure that when one of the administrators adds a users it is allways for the correct SMTP email address, and also that this is the only SMTP email address that the added user will recieve.

Basically if [email protected] logs in and adds a user, i want this new users email to be 'xxx'@asdf.com and if [email protected] logs in and adds a user i want this users new email address to be 'xxx'@zxcv.com.

Also i want it so that each admin can see only the users for their SMTP domain and not the users of the other administrators domain,

Is ANY of the above achievable

Thanks for all your help

Re: Multipe administrators on Exchnage 2003 with specific email addresses

I guess it can be done with a lot of playing with delegating and setting ACLs in the AD. I suggest you do not let these admins have FC on their objects, but instead just the rights to create users only in their OUs. You can configure 2 GALs, 2 OABs, 2 MBX stores, disable PFs (otherwise they'll see the other PFs that were created by the other company's users), create 2 Recipient Policies with proper LDAP filters and test a lot.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
    X