Public Folder Contacts Keep Getting Corrupted Somehow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Folder Contacts Keep Getting Corrupted Somehow

We have one particular Public Folder that we use for contacts that keeps getting totally messed up. This folder contains 3036 items and somehow several of the entries keep getting completely scrambled. We'll have an issue where one contact's number will be the number that belongs to a totally different contact. Also addresses will show up wrong, email addresses will get screwed up, phone numbers, faxes etc. I have had this issue arise at different times over the course of the last year or so. None of our other Public folder contacts have this issue. I have deleted and re imported this folder numerous times after cleaning up the data.

Do you guys have any idea where I could start? The people making edits are certain the data goes in correct. It just gets scrambled up after a while. We do have Blackberries that hit this folder, but we have Blackberries that pull from other folders as well. I am not sure where to start.

Re: Public Folder Contacts Keep Getting Corrupted Somehow

Could be that too many people with too many outlook versions are updating this folder?
    Can you for a week let only one person to update this folder?
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Comment

Re: Public Folder Contacts Keep Getting Corrupted Somehow

Originally posted by tkolber View Post
      Could be that too many people with too many outlook versions are updating this folder?
      Can you for a week let only one person to update this folder?
      I can and that's what I was thinking. Keep in mind that this folder is used by about 25 Blackberries to sync to and from as well. My hunch is that the Blackberries are causing the issue. However the question asked back to me is that other companies that are larger than us don't have the problem so what are they doing?

Comment

Working...
      X