store.exe in exchange 2003 gobbling up all server resources

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• store.exe in exchange 2003 gobbling up all server resources

I have an exchange server 2003 running on win2003 domain and everything is perfect except that once every few days the whole system comes to a halt. When I investigate through task manager, it shows that exchangeís store.exe is taking about 80 to 90% of the system resources. If I stop the process being run by store.exe, exchange will also halt. The only way is to reboot the server which settles the whole thing. But again in a few days store.exe is back to itís tricks. I am using sophos mailmonitor and veritas backupexec9.1. I donít think the problem is to do with them thou. I have 1.5 GB of ram in the server and am going to increase it to 2GB. Has anyone had this problem with exchange 2003 and if so what can I do to stop store.exe gobbling up all the server resources?

Thanks.

I've noticed that it is a pig but it hasn't eaten up everything causing a halt. Have you patch Exchange to SP1?
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Usually, you with either have antivirus scanning the exchange folder or bad physical memory. Store.exe and inetinfo.exe tends to take as much as it can until other programs needs the resource then store.exe will release and take it back when the program is done with it.

Comment

exchange take as much resources as he can...
        if there isn't any problem, keep it that way...

I stop the process being run by store.exe, exchange will also halt
        of course you're system will halt. its you're information store. or in other words, you're database.
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
        X