Strange event id (was: marc3host)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange event id (was: marc3host)

hi, does anybody knows what this is, i get every 3 minutes an eventlog Marc3Host 6702 'plugin smtpsend reports exception'.

i searched on my windows 2003 server but i could not find any trace of this source.

thanks in advance

henk

Re: marc3host

What is the event log ID number? Where does it appear? Application, Security, DNS, Server etc...?

Is it an Exchange server?
    Last edited by tonyyeb; 20th October 2006, 14:19.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

thank you for the reply,

it's event 6702, exchange server 2003 and it appears every 3 minutes in the application log.

regards

Comment

Are you using GFI Mailarchiver? Or any other third party tools with your exchange server?
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Moved to the Exchange Forum for new eyes to look at.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: Problems with your post

1) Please use a better topic description next time. You can't expect people to guess what your question is about when using such a topic.

2) More information is needed if you want us to help you. Please see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

User banned for 2 weeks for not following the VERY SIMPLE forum rules.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: Strange event id (was: marc3host)

you are obvioulsy using mail archiver. go into the root installation directory and check to see if the pick-up and queue is working like it should...

there should only be .raw files in the pickup directory. any files marked .retry are having problems finding a mail box or such...

GFI has a problem with the userva switch (if your using it...

open a perfmon and reset the counters. add one counter from the memory tab, and selet free page table entries... what is the number? if its something low like 14,000 then you may want to lower the userva switch from the suggested 3030 to 2966(3030-64). i wouldnt go lower than 2902...

but youre banned for a few.. see ya when youre back.

J_$
              its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
              Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Working...
              X