No announcement yet.

Exmerge import of PST into Mailbox

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exmerge import of PST into Mailbox

I'm trying to move a .pst into a mailbox using Exmerge. I'm running it in batch mode, and I get the same errors every time;

"Error 8007203a opening an LDAP connection. ('LDAP://<SERVERNAME>/rootdse') (CADRoutines::GetNamingContextData)

Error creating EntryID For '/' (GetMailBoxInfoFromAB)

Error accessing directory object for '/'. Ignoring this mailbox."

I think this is because I am incorrectly using the mailbox.txt and FileContainingListofDatabases (DBList.txt for me), but I can't find an example of how to use it.

Exact contents of Mailboxes.txt:

The domain name in our environment is
    Email is [email protected]

Exact contents of DBList.txt:

I can open the PST in outlook, and I can virtually guarantee you it's not a permissions problem.

Specifics; being run on a win XP2k3 desktop with ESM and Outlook installed, under JustinCredible(an administrator with just about every right possible, including mailbox store rights, who also owns the mailbox.)

thanks for the help!

(domain names changed to protect the innocent)

Re: Exmerge import of PST into Mailbox

Try one of the followings:
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Thank you for the quick response.

Right, I had already read both of those. The real question for me is how to configure the mailboxes.txt, filecontaininglistofdatabases, and exmerge.ini for an import of a pst to a mailbox.

After a week of working on this, I have discovered the main problem; the legacyDN looks nothing like the AD object's DN. You have to look at the properties of the mailbox object in ESM and check the value of LegacyDN. It's always something simple, isn't it?

Thank you for your help though! I have successfully moved a public folder into a mailbox using an RDO script and this technique.

Re: Thanks for sharing

Thanks however what about for sharing your answer with us? I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT