Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange SBS and POP3 email issues

Hi,
    I am using Exchange SBS (email2.com) to get email from an existing POP3 email ([email protected]). The problem is that when I reply to any user on email1.com domain, my exchange server tries to find them on the local SBS server and does not send that mail via SMTP.

What am I doing wrong??
    The User accout in Exchange SBS ([email protected]) also has SMTP address for [email protected]) as I needed the reply to address in all my mails originated from exchange server to be replied to on POP3 email.

Can some help me please....

Thanks

Re: Exchange SBS and POP3 email issues

Originally posted by fusman
    The User accout in Exchange SBS ([email protected]) also has SMTP address for [email protected]) as I needed the reply to address in all my mails originated from exchange server to be replied to on POP3 email
    Thanks
    That's obviously the problem. it's delivering mails back to itself as the mailbox has an alias of [email protected].

can you not remove the [email protected] alias and the user the 'From' field within outlook when creating a new message to be 'From' [email protected]??

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Exchange SBS and POP3 email issues

Read this link once and try again to configure.

http://www.christensen-software.com/...hange_2000.htm

Ahsan
      Regards,
      Ahsan
      I want to build my knowledge.

Comment

Working...
      X