No announcement yet.

Exchange recovery(help required)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange recovery(help required)

Dear All

Can someone help me to get out in from disaster.

I hace two domain controllers in my network one is PDC(Primary domain controller) and seconed one ADC(addional domain controller).
    I installed Echange server on ADC, and in ADC server i have two hard disks on one hard disk is OS and on other was Exchange server installed, my seconned hard disk crashed on which exchange server was installed, now what you pepole suggest me how to recover exchange server and i have no recent backup but in user outlook users have full emails download which i can synch with new exchange server. please help me.

Re: Exchange recovery(help required)

Take any backup (old backup) that is the best option.
    Since you have all local mail you can recover them.
    If you have no backup at all, you have a problem, start from scratch

Re: Exchange recovery(help required)

Thanks for reply, this wekend was horrible for me , as i see the disaster of exchange server , i like this site and i post my first issue here, but i was very late to post here becuase time was very short and i try to recover before monday morning so when employes comes they must found exchange server up.
      so in hurry what i did , i install new hardisk and reinstall the chnage server and service pack 2 as was in old server it goes with only one error when i install exchange server before updating service pack it gives me error of manamgent component updating , but when i update with service pack it works fine, after that when i start system manger and open first storage servre it give me a prompt that if you mount server it will make new databse from scratch or you can restore databse i ignore in hurry and make new databse from scrtch, but after that i found that i had a backup 6 mont old. but in vain, now in morning i will import alll users PST again, i have 100 mailbox so it is a lengthy task. i don;t know id dit right or wrong but , my server is up, any suggestion will be highly welcomed.