X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a new exchange server

Hi all,

we have a server 2003 with exchange 2000 sp3 on it
    we have another server with server 2000 on it.

i want to format the server 2000 and make it an exchnage server

Q1: can i install server 2003 again from the original disk i got?
    (i mean to use the same disk to install server 2003 on two different
    computers) or do i need a different instalation disk with a different serial.

Q2: how do i transfer the exchange databases from the old server 2003 to the
    new installed server so they will work side to side. one will be the file server
    and the other will be an exchange server.

Re: Installing a new exchange server

Hi

ok to the 2003 cd with the same serial... i think you can only use it if you have 2 lic...

i mean it will work more then 1 time to install it but you have to purchase 2 lic's if you install 2 servers... you dont search for trouble with the BSA right...

and about the exchange... you have to read about migrate... (i think it called so)

if i remember right you have you have to install the new exchange server and make it a member in the domain and then migrate the users to the new exchange

please wait for more answers... i am NOT 100% sure about the migration procedure

i also found this http://forums.petri.com/showthread.p...ange+2000+2003 maybe you find there more information good luck
    Last edited by yaniv; 15th October 2006, 15:40.
    MCSE 2000 Done
    RHCE Done

Comment

Originally posted by kazza
      Hi all,

EEEK!!! You gotta be kidding me asking that question. That's like saying I have one legal copy of XP but I want to install it on several PCs but use the same number I got with the original CD.

Be very careful in the future asking questions like that. I wouldn't want to be around when Daniel sees that question!!

[later edit] Nice pickup Chris. VLKs didn't enter my head!
      Last edited by biggles77; 16th October 2006, 04:08.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by kazza
        Do you have a volume license for windows server 2003? If so then yes you use the same cd and key but if not then you need to buy another license.
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X