X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding MX Records

Hello Everyone.

I have priblem setting up MX records

I have a live IP and i am running MS Exchage 2003 as a domain member server now i wan this server to available from internet but i have to setup MX records in DNS. My local domain is abctesting.local but my internet domain is abctesting.com

how can i setup my mail server as mail.abctesting.com and accessible from internet??

thanks

fruitz

Re: Adding MX Records

configure a recipient policy to configure all users with a primary SMTP address of %g.%[email protected] (This will configure an SMTP address with [email protected]):

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...ent_policy.htm

You will then need to get in touch with the guys who manage your abctesting.com domain to set-up an MX record to point to you IP address (remember you IP Address needs to be static or you need to run some DDNS service)

You then need to forward the appropriate ports through your firewall to you exchange box such as:

25 (SMTP)
    443 (SSL) Secure Web access (Needs additional configuring)

Hope this makes sence

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Have a look at the attached image and see if it makes any sense. You need to create an A Record using your Live IP. You also need to create an MX Record for your mail server. You will need to configure Port Forwarding on your Router to point to your Mail Server and of course open Port 25 (and 80 & 443 if you want to use FBA for OWA).

The below image is only to give you some idea of what your settings (assuming you have a management console with your Domain Name Registrar) may look like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DNS-Registrar-Settings.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	462720

To the ones who know, yes, I know there are incorrect entries and one day when I am not out of my tree, I may just fix them. Ta!
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
        create an A Record using your Live IP
        Ah forgot that!!.

You had to go one better and add an image
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

And it took me a while to do. Was thinking as I was deleting my info, "I wish I was getting paid for this". We do put a lot of effort into some of these posts, don't we Michael.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanx Guyz.... my problem is finally solved u pplz simply rocks

c ya

Comment

Working...
            X