Exchange 2003 with Lotus Notes Connector incoming SMTP issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 with Lotus Notes Connector incoming SMTP issue

I have implemented a staged migration for domino to exchange. Basically everything works as I would like, however, I want to "clean up" the incoming mail from external, which arrives in Outlook in this format:

"User Name" <[email protected]>@LOTUS NOTES DOMAIN

I am using Domino as the incoming SMTP server, and outgoing as well until the project is completed. Mail between the mail servers looks nice and clean, it just external email that comes in via SMTP which is causing an issue.

Does anyone no of a way to clean it up, so you see only:

"User Name" <[email protected]>

Is there some sort of filter I can use to "clean" it out from Exchange side? Its not a big hassle, but I don't want users having issues when they start saving local contacts on incoming emails. I am using latest versions of "everything"

Re: Exchange 2003 with Lotus Notes Connector incoming SMTP issue

This is now more of an issue, where during multiple replies, SMTP traffic because it arrives at notes, and appends that "@LOTUS NOTES DOMAIN", instead of routing that SMTP traffic externally, it now sends it back thru notes again.

After a series of replies, the external STMP recipient starts seeing the following:

"User_Name%/o=DOMAIN/ou=First_Administrative_Group/cn=Recipients/cn=User%EX%[email protected]"

Subsequently, the user unwittingly replies, and message never arrives back.

Any one seen similar?

**EDIT**

I bit the bullet and setup SMTP delivery to Exchange as the primary. This fixes it nicely
    Last edited by naturaldisasta; 19th October 2006, 02:07.

Comment

Working...
    X