Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 5.5 Services

Sir,

I have Exch 5.5 running on a W2k server. NAV for Exch and all Exch services are set to start automatically, however, they will not start during startup. At first, I thought it may be a password issue. But I can start everything manually with no problem. Any suggestions on how to get these services to start like they are suppose to?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

R,
    Mark

What does the event viewer say about the service not starting?
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Event Error 7000, "The account name is invalid or does not exis, or the password is invalid for the account name specified"

NETLOGON also reflects and error in event viewer: 5719 "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request". However, NETLOGON starts and I verified the LOGONSERVER to be correct.

Comment

You might want to check out this KB article if you're using ISA or some other kind of proxy.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;199379

Otherwise check the service to see what account is being used to launch it. Try changing it to the ExchangeSA or Administrator account, whichever isn't already selected.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Unfortunately, no luck. I still cannot get them to start automatically. I think I am just going to write a batch file to start them and see how that works.

Thanks,
          Mark

Comment

Maybe the Site Services Account password is not correct. I can't remember where it is in 5.5 but maybe it needs to be reset.

Sorry I am so vague but I haven't used Exchange for the past 4 years and my friend Al Zymer isn't helping.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X