Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA Spell checker not working

Hi There,

I have a user working from home who receives the following error messages in order when trying to run the spell checker on any new messages she creates from OWA:

"The spelling in this message is being checked. Please Wait"

Then

"The spelling in this item can't be checked. Try again later"

finally

"The spelling check was stopped before it was finished. To send the item anyway, click OK. To return to the item, click Cancel"

I'm not sure why this should be occuring but our exchange set up is all Exchange Server 2003 enterprise edition SP2. The system is in a front end/back end configuration, forms based authentication is disabled. The domain is an entirely 2003 environment but as none of our other home users have this issue i don't believe it's anything to do with out setup.

From what limited information the home user has provided me it's a Windows XP Home computer, running Internet Explorer 6. Unfortunately she is unable to tell me if she has Office installed let alone what version.

Hope i've provided enough info, any suggestions where to start with this one?

Regards

Jonno

Re: OWA Spell checker not working

Might sound silly but ask her to login as domain\username, and not just as username. I've seen it happen sometimes when people don't login as they should.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion but it unfortunately it's not worked. What components does the Spell checker rely on? Am i right in thinking it's just active x? Does the user need a full install of office on their machine and if so does it matter what version?

Comment

Not at all, it should work from any computer with IE 5 something or higher.

Try logging on from another workstation, see if it works there.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X