Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring Exchange for two external mail servers

Hi There,

Let me first explain the current setup in our organization before i pose my question.

We have an exchange 2 node Active/Passive cluster which serves as our backend server, hosting all mailboxes. We have 1 Front End Server. Both servers are running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 SP2. Our domain is all Server 2003 running in Native mode. Both the exchange servers are in the same administrative/routing group.

We have an external mail server in our DMZ that acts as a gateway for incoming mail, it receives it, checks it for viruses/SPAM and if ok forwards it on to our exchange servers. There is a single SMTP connector on the Exchange servers that points to this server.

The powers that be have decided there is a need to have two mail servers in the DMZ and our Exchange organization must be capable of receiving mail from either. Do i have to modify in anyway the Exchange organization to support this capability?

Regards

Jonno

Re: Configuring Exchange for two external mail servers

From the (good) information you've provided, it seems that no, there's nothing else that you need to do. However, make sure that the SMTP VS are not configured with any IP restrictions (i.e. only receive SMTP traffic from the one IP in the DMZ).
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: Configuring Exchange for two external mail servers

Brill, thanks very much for your speedy reply. The new server goes in shortly and we'll see how it goes!

Comment

Working...
      X