Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permissions in Exchange 2003 server

I have an exchange 2003 ENT server.
    as an Administrator i need to get into other users mailboxes. (from the server and only in OWA).
    the user administrator has the full allow from the First Administrative Group all the way down, but still when i try to open other user's mailbox i need to insert username (email) and password.

how can i change it?
    Last edited by yoav30; 3rd October 2006, 14:04.

Re: Permissions in Exchange 2003 server

Make sure you have the 'send as' and 'received as' permissions over the users account within exchange 2003 as well.

By default a full exchange administrator does not have full mailbox access over other users mailboxes in the organisation.

Hope this helps

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

and where will i find those permissions?
      i have the 'send as' and 'receive as' all the way from the server, down through the First Administrative Group all the way down to the mailbox stores (all of them).

Comment

Have you checked on the actual mailbox store. If you have it on the admin groups then you should have it on the mailbox store but just double check.

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

You need to use ADSIEDIT and remove the DENY for the SEND AS and RECEIVE AS permissions for the Administrator user and for the Domain Admins and Ent Admins groups (assuming the user you want IS the original administrator). You can do that from the Organization lavel down, or from the Administrative Group down, or from the server object down, or from the store down.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

i dont have in any stage a deny permision for the administrator.

Comment

Look, by default, the Administrator, Domain and Enterprise Admins, they all have DENY on the SEND AS and RECEIVE AS permission from the ORGANIZATION level and downwards.

That is why they cannot open any other user's mailbox.

You say you don't have that on your server? Use ADSIEDIT to look.
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

My Apologies, Your right.
                when i changed the permissions of the groups, it's working.

Comment

Re: Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your answer with us! I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

BTW, I hope you can shoot better than you can understand my s-i-m-p-l-e instructions...
                  Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                  MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
                  X