Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OWA 2003: problems with attachments on front end.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA 2003: problems with attachments on front end.

I have the strangest problems with attachments in OWA 2003. I can add attachments of 50k or less but not greater when I connect trough the front end. When I try the same thing on the back end directly and using exactly the same account it works without a problem. The only thing that changed on FE was the physical location, the IP and the site. There are no site policies so it shouldn't be affected by this.

I'm trying to add text files as attachments so no attachment blocking should be involved.

I've checked the web logs and I can see on the front end that I get the error 500 on the POST command but I don't see any POST command on the back end. So the error happens on the front end.

The attachment web dialog simply goes blank when I try to add an attachment bigger than 50k.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: OWA 2003: problems with attachments on front end.

I am not an IIS guy but it may be (help me out here guys) that the server is timing out 'waiting' for the attachment to upload. I have no clue where to configure that.........
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Re: OWA 2003: problems with attachments on front end.

I've cheked all the settings in the metabase and they are exactly the same as for another frontend site on another computer that works ok. So I don't think it is some sort of IIS timeout. Is there a way t configure IIS to give more error details?

Comment

Working...
      X