Need bogus e-mail for NNTP feed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need bogus e-mail for NNTP feed

I have a couple of Microsoft NNTP feeds coming in to my Exchange Server public folders. I sent a post to a Microsoft forum, and without realizing it, it had my company e-mail address as the sender. I'm going to regret that mistake

How can I spoof my sender address without messing up my Exchange mail that goes out of my Exchange server? This is my business e-mail.

Thanks
    Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Re: Need bogus e-mail for NNTP feed

Ever thought of creating an............ALIAS?

Also move this to the Exchange Forum. Not really a Windows 2003 Server issue.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

My e-mail reply information and the reply information for a newsgroup post is picked up from Active Directory which would also make this a server issue, wouldn't it?

The only way to I can see to create an alias is to log off and log on with a different profile. Otherwise, my alias would follow anything I posted whether something to a newsgroup or an e-mail.

Comment

I am refering to an email Alias and NOT a user account. I NEVER use my AD account name an my Primary email address. I always use an alias so if the email address gets compromised the email alias can be deleted and a new one created without it affecting my AD account name email address.

The alias points to your AD account and when the alias is removed, there is no longer a pointer to your AD account/primary email address.

I have an alias called [email protected] . This was created because I had to register on a site that I suspected was collecting address to either sell or spam. I can now delete that "email address" and still receive my normal mail and not get the associated spam that is most likely being sent to the school.photo address.

I just counted and I have 16 Alias "accounts". Yes, a bit silly, but I can determine what spam comes from where by the address it is sent to and my primary account is never at risk.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

As long as I have NNTP feeds linked to the Exchnange Transport, I do not have the option of changing how the header looks for outgoing mail or messages.

f I create an e-mail alias inside Exchange, that my corret my newsgroup problem, but it also alters every subsequent e-mail I send out of my organization as 'me'.

Look at it this way because I do not think I am explaining myself too clearly. Imagine I have a 'PUBLIC' mail and post item folder on my Outlook profile. Anything I create of reply to in the public mail profile goes out with mt normal Exchange e-mail credentials.

I can't go change my business e-mail address after five years. I am looking for an edit somewhere so when I send an NNTP post from my public folders it does not go out with the same headers as my e-mail.

I may have to go back yo using a newsreader where I have control over how my SENDER headers look like.

Thanks

Comment

Sorry, this is now beyond my nil experience with NNTP feeds.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X