Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA (Page can not be displayed)

Good morning to the group,
    Something really strange happened today . We running a pilot of exchange server system. The scenario is a single Microsoft Exchange server and the roles of the server are:
    1. OWA
    2. OMA
    3. RPC Over HTTP/S
    4.Microsoft Direct Push email option for mobile devices.
    5.Mobile Device Synch (With Desktop computer and from any location using Internet).
    6.Outlook Client

Everything is working perfect until today.

Today when we tried to access a user mailbox using OWA from a remote location using the internet. We had the known message that the page can not be displayed). We have tried to access it internaly and it went through with no problem. Then i have tried to access OWA using a mobile device internet explorer and it worked perfect. All Exchange functions i mentioned above work with no problem except using OWA from a remote site using the internet from a PC(it worked with a device internet explorer with windows mobile 5). no error messages in the event viewer. Event viewer messages are only information no errors or warnings.

I hope i made the day for few of the group .

Good wishes for the rest of the day and for the coming weekend.
    Last edited by iraklis; 21st September 2006, 10:17.
    --------
    Iraklis

Re: OWA (Page can not be displayed)

1. Try to reboot IIS / the server.
    2. Did you install any windows update?
    3. Check the next article and verify that all the virtual directories are configured well:
    http://www.petri.com/fixing_a_damage...stallation.htm
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Comment

If it works internally but not externally there's probably a firewall issue.

Were you able to access OWA over the Internet previously?
      Is it just the one computer that can't access OWA or did you try several computers over the Internet?
      Was the mobile device connecting over the Internet?
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Have you recently changed ISP and your DNS records have not been updated.

Comment

Jeremy hi,

Thanks for posting, as i said everything was working perfect until today. I have tried to access owa from several computers over the internet and it did not work. From the mobile device runing windows mobile 5 we could access it using its internet explorer after we connect the device on the internet. We have checked and there is no issue with firewall, because the port forwarding of 443 it is correct and points to the ip address of the server running exchange server (owa).

I guess today is not our day hehehe. Oh well i will keep looking and if i found what has cause the problem i let the group to know. Good thing is that we are on pilot system of exchange server.
          --------
          Iraklis

Comment

Originally posted by iraklis
            as i said everything was working perfect until today. I have tried to access owa from several computers over the internet and it did not work.
            I guess this means that you had previously connected over the Internet with the computers. Are all the computers you've tried at the same site? The reason I ask is because there's probably at least two firewalls you need to pass through. One for the connecting computer's network and one for the server's network and there may be others in-between.
            ...might be worth a look...
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Another thing you might look at is if the workstations have the current certificate that your IIS is using. Try installing the certificate chain all over again.

Comment

Working...
              X