X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• global contacts

HI All
    ok i revised this....
    I have created in exchange 2003 under the all address lists, two new address folders, one called support and one called sales. I then went in under the user tab and set the users whom i want to give rights to access those folders. My problem is, when the user opens outlook 2003 and tries to add a new address entry to that folder they get this message...
    You cannot create entries for this address book
    Did i setup the folders in the wrong area? Should I have set them up under the global address lists? I would like them to be globally available to just the users that i assign to them.
    Any thoughts?
    Thank you

Roy
    Last edited by Stylaster; 13th September 2006, 00:38.

Re: global contacts

TBH I have never tried adding contacts into the Global Address List this way but I have never seen any references to you being able to add contact this way in custome address lists.

The only way I was aware of to update a sutome address list is via the Exchange System Manager and changing the properties of the custom address list.

If you need help with this then please let us know

Thanks

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Who said you could add ANYTHING to an Address List? You can't. an AL is an LDAP query for objects in the AD.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp
        Who said you could add ANYTHING to an Address List? You can't. an AL is an LDAP query for objects in the AD.
        Is this refering to my responce or the original question?

If it was me then I didn't say you could add anything. If it was not at me then ignore this

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Michael, I've been ignoring you since they day you got here...

Anyway, no, it wasn't a reply to you, it was a reply to Stylaster.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

ok i figured it out. I ended up using the public folders, creating the two folders i needed as contact lists and then added the users i needed and gave them appropriate rights. THank you!
            Roy
            Last edited by Stylaster; 13th September 2006, 18:17.

Comment

Re: Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your answer with us! I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
              X